Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mixed up crazy feelings of thankfulness

Waking up on Christmas morning to snow is a dream I have EVERY year. To wake up on Thanksgiving to 2 more inches of snow on top of 3 inches we already had is, well, sort of a scary happy dream. It is lovely dream to see those little specs of angelic love fall from the Heavens. But it's a not so pleasant dream when you have places to go and people to see and have been cooped up in your house for 2-3 straight days. *breathe*
The forecast says snow turning to rain. Well, they can't say they're not accurate when that rain is frozen, right? I'll believe the "rain" when I see the "rain." *sigh*
We decided to stay at home again. AGAIN. Because something in my gut says to stay put. That maternal Midwestern weenie in me says to stay close to home because past experience and fond memories (terrors, emotional scars, whatever you want to call it) remind me that 4-5 inches of frozen snow mixed with rain and borderline freezing temps is a mixture for bad, bad things.
I hope the forecasters are right and that this all melts and is gone instantly. However, the proof is in the pudding. DRAT!! I forgot, I have green bean casserole in the oven and a cherry pie burning.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! May your pie be tasty, your turkey be moist. May the roads be clear and passable. And your arse free from a hoist. *wink wink* (sorry, couldn't come up with something to rhyme with moist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment