Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Be gentle with me, I'm new at this.

So today is important for many reasons. Yes, it's election day. And the country is spewing red. From coast to coast, voters are bleading, wait, bleeding, (is that right) red. Either way, if you want change, well, guess what? You're going to get change. Must say though, change is about all I have in my purse right now.

And speaking of my purse, another reason why today is so important, is that my children, we'll call them Orange and Apple, decided that my purse is where a bottomless bank vault resides. Yes, I know it seems like the City Dump of Mary Poppins bags, but seriously? If I would have EVER treated my mom's purse the way my children did today, I would be typing with 4 digits.

Lastly, today is epic. More than any Election day or crazy children happenings, I started writing again. I swore up and down I would NEVER do that blog thing. How "yesterday" could you get? But I figure this is my way of getting the bugs and cobwebs out (that reminds me) of my creative brain and working up to that ever loving "novel" that everyone dreams of writing one day. You know, that story that just keeps coming up in your head and you keep dreaming about scenes and parts from it and know that you just have to publish the book and then have 5 or 6 big screen movies made from it and then you can have that bottomless bank vault in a Mary Poppins bag all at your fingertips. You know, THAT story. THAT book. THAT dream. Well, mine is just going to have to start with a blog. Good thing I still have my digits, for now. Hope I don't start biting my nails and end up with a red stump... See, there's more red for ya.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! You are very creative and funny and I know that you will be great at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!! I'm working the bugs out on this. Now to figure out how to post pictures...

    ReplyDelete